What did we do?
- Jess and I received our first dose of the Pfizer vaccination, our second dose scheduled for 3 weeks from now.
- We were able to get the vaccination since Jess had heard, through a mom’s group she’s part of, that breastfeeding mothers (along with their partners) were eligible through a Kaiser clinic. So after signing up a week early, we strolled into the Renton vaccine clinic and were in and out within 20 minutes.
What are the after effects?
- Jess is a super human and had almost zero effects (she did dose herself lots of vitamin C a week before, so that could be the reason)
- I felt mentally foggy within the first hour and by the second hour, I was very lethargic, my energy zapped, requiring me to take a 2.5 hour nap to recover
- Before heading to bed, I had a dead arm, my arm feeling as though someone punched me about 100 times
Getting the vaccination wasn’t a black/white decision
- The vaccination is not FDA approved
- The vaccination was made publicly available at an accelerated rate
- Jess is/was worried about the long term impact
- For me, the vaccination is one step forward in returning back to a sense of normalcy, reducing my anxiety and general nervousness of feeling that I’m going to catch COVID-19
- We can more safely travel to U.K. and visit Jess’s family